The Summer Immersion Program – Online Experience
The Wake Forest Summer Immersion – Online Experience is a unique opportunity for students to dive into a field-of-study or career pathway virtually and learn from anywhere!
- Participate in live lectures and activities with Academic Leaders
- Network with leading experts and professionals in various professional fields
- Engage in discussions with like-minded peers
- Build relationships with Wake Forest University undergraduate students
Who: Rising high school sophomores through incoming college freshmen
What: Opportunities for participants to engage in live lectures and activities led by Academic Leaders and experts in various career pathways and professional fields of study.
When: Online Institutes will take place throughout the months of June and July. Specific dates can be found on the 2020 Program Dates webpage.
Where: Online! Learn from the comfort of your own home.
Why: The safety and well-being of our students, faculty, & staff is our top priority. With that in mind and in light of COVID-19, we are moving the on-campus Summer Immersion Program for Summer 2020 and instead, will offer the Summer Immersion Program – Online Experience. We remain optimistic and look forward to operating normally on campus for Summer 2021!
Cost: Cost – $700 – $995*
*Tuition for the Medicine Institute is $995. This Institute is two-weeks long and includes a complete multi-media online curriculum in addition to the live program. Tuition for all other Institutes is $700.
Online Experience Institutes
Experimentation, exploration, innovation. The building blocks of science, virtually.
Makers of the “next big thing.” Swim with sharks who know how to create and seize opportunity in ponds large and small.
Speak up. Speak out. Build your confidence and skills; be your best advocate.
Workout your future. Master the essentials of nutrition, exercise, and overall wellness.
From nutrition and exercise to mindfulness and the quality of the air that you breathe, discover how health dictates all facets of life.
The courtroom’s next dynamic voice. Your permission to approach the bench is granted. Experience an insider’s view of the legal industry.
The next generation of servant leaders. Walk a mile in the shoes of those who know what it means—and what it takes—to inspire others.
From the molecular to the philosophical- explore how the brain develops, functions, and learns.
Learn how to use the power that is already yours, and help shape the law and the policy that governs you, your community, your state and your nation!
Take a trip inside the mind. Discover why people think, act, and feel the way they do.
Storytellers of sport. This is the best seat in the house for an in-depth view of one of the fastest-growing industries worldwide.
Foster tomorrow’s tech visionaries today. Pursue your digital dreams from the intersection of inspiration and innovation.
Sample Daily Schedule:
- 1:00 PM – Sign-on
- 1:05 PM – Norms Surrounding Online Learning
- 1:10 PM – Deacon Dive In – Welcome from President Hatch
- 1:15 PM – Online Icebreaker – Get to Know Your Cohort
- 1:30 PM – Welcome from Academic Leader
- 1:40 PM – Session 1 Topic
- 2:10 PM – Session 1 Q and A
- 2:25 PM – Break
- 2:30 PM – Session 2 Topic
- 3:00 PM – Session 2
- 3:15 PM – Academic Leader Daily Challenge, Whole Group Discussion Polls, Q and A
- 3:30 PM – Deacon Discussion – Wake Forest Student Mentors, Q and A
- 4:30 PM – Wrap Up from Academic Leader
* The “A Day in the Life” sample schedule is subject to change. Participants in the 2-week Medicine Institute can expect an altered schedule.
- Step 1 – Discover and Apply. Explore our website and discover the institute that’s best for you.
- Step 2 – Register and Pay. Log on to go.wfu.edu/sip to register and pay the enrollment deposit.
- Step 3 – Experience your Future. Join us online for a life-changing week!