Leadership Institute – Online
Learn the skills and tools it takes to lead and inspire others.
The Leadership Institute offers students an outlet for enhancing their ability to inspire and influence people in reaching a collective goal before they begin their collegiate careers. Personal growth, exploration and reflection promote students who will be prepared to make a difference in their communities and create positive change in the world.
At a Glance
Dates: June 14 – 17
Who Can Apply?: 9th – 12th grade students
Program Length: Monday – Thursday
Program Tuition: $995
Location: Online – Zoom
*Courses carry no secondary school or college credit. Upon completion of the program, an official Wake Forest University certificate of achievement will be awarded to all Leadership Institute participants.
What You’ll Experience
- Relationship Management, Self and Social Awareness, and Team Dynamics
- Personal Brand Management and Communication
- Understanding Failure Tolerance and How to Build Resilience
- Cultural Awareness, Diversity, and Equity
- Professional Presence and Etiquette
- Participate virtually in team-building by challenging yourself and leading your peers
- Work with Wake Forest faculty to develop your personal leadership skills
- Hear from community leaders and industry leaders to glean leadership lessons in practice
- Exposure to and application of motivation and leadership techniques
*Virtual experiences are subject to change.
Leadership Institute Cost
Online | $995
A Day in the Life
- 12:00 pm – Sign-on & Icebreaker
- 12:30 pm – Lunch Break
- 1:05 pm – Welcome from Academic Leader
- 1:10 pm – Introduction to Personal Leadership and Strengths Finder Workshop
- 1:40 pm – Q and A
- 2:10 pm – Virtual Teambuilding Activity
- 2:25 pm – Break
- 2:30 pm – Virtual Field Trip to Start-Up Incubator
- 3:00 pm – Q and A with Entrepreneurs – Failure and Resilience
- 3:30 pm – Deacon Discussion – Wake Forest Student Mentors
- 4:30 pm – Wrap Up from Academic Leader
- 5:30 pm – Optional Evening Activity (Study Abroad Panel)
*The “A Day in the Life” sample schedule is subject to change.
Meet Your Academic Leader
Marcus Sanderlin, MA
Academic Leader, Leadership Institute
Marcus Sanderlin serves as the Associate Director of Career Education for the Wake Forest University School of Business Market Readiness and Employment team. With a passion for empowering students to pursue meaningful careers, he challenges students to explore the “why” behind their “what” as they build lives and careers centered around their sense of purpose. His work spans from coaching college students through career navigation and professional development to educating college leaders and community members on strategies for life design and career advancement. He currently teaches the Personal Branding career course, in addition to providing coaching support for the Master of Management students within the School of Business. As a motivator, educator, and career coach, Marcus Sanderlin strives to serve as an advocate for holistic professional development and strategic occupational elevation.